Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Chicago Thugs

So, it's not that I think Obama really deserves the stereotype of a corrupt Chicago politician, or that I think that that stereotype is all that pervasive outside of a small subsection of Republicans who still envision the political divide as them vs. Boss Tweed...but when I heard someone named Daley was being considered for chief of staff, I thought surely it was an inconvenient coincidence. It's not.

I'm sure he's a very nice guy, and totally on the up and up. I am not in any way currently wondering if this is going to somehow help Rahm Emmanuel win for mayor (ok, maybe I'm wondering a little bit). I don't really believe that they should pass over the best candidate to avoid a minor perception problem.

But seriously, Richard Daley's son?!? (Or brother, depending which Richard Daley you mean).

No comments:

Post a Comment